Saturday, March 09, 2002

So Brian and I went apartment hunting today. Heh. It was an interesting experience, I must say. Since we didn't subscribe to the listing place online, we didn't have the actual address or telephone number of the place we were looking at. They were offering a 3 bed, 1 bath. We knew it was on Euclid, so we decided to just walk on the street and look for it since we had a picture. When we found it, it looked all ghetto-like and I wasn't too amused. A lady resident walked out and we asked her about it. She didn't know much but she did say: "I'd avoid this place if I were you. It's owned by one of the biggest slum-lords in Berkeley. I'm dealing with mold and a broken refrigerator. The landlord is physically harassing me and I'm intimidated by him. I'm thinking about getting a restraining order on him." Brian and I got all freaked out and left. Hmm.. Interesting, eh?
Quote of the Day: "The heart has reasons that reason does not understand." -Jacques Benigne Bossuel

No comments:

Post a Comment