Wednesday, August 21, 2002

Going back to Berkeley tomorrow. I think I'm ready to go again. Every time I come back to Torrance, I feel as though nothing has changed -- I still feel like the spoiled, immature brat I was in high school. It bothers me. It's like I haven't changed at all when I know well enough that I've changed a million times over. I think maybe that's why I need to stay away from this town. Or at least not spend too much time here. Maybe it's because I tend to reminisce about high school times with my friends here because that's all they know of me. Not that they don't know about my life in college, but it's really hard to tell them about things since they haven't experienced the same things and haven't been hanging out with the same people. I think they all feel the same way because all of our conversations revolve around, "Remember when...?" And when I start to think about it again, I just get angry. High school was so superficial... but then so was I. I'd like to think I've changed, but coming back here makes me think twice. Am I just someone else when I'm here?

No comments:

Post a Comment