Tuesday, February 10, 2004

How do you measure the amount of love you feel for another? Is it how much you are willing to do for another? Is it possible to be in a good relationship when one person loves the other person more than the feeling is reciprocated?
At a younger, more rash age, I might have acted on emotions alone. However, I've grown since then (at least I hope I have). "If I asked you to drop everything and run away with me, would you?" Isn't that the same as asking me to give up my life to live his? What about my life and my responsibilities? What about the other people and things I love? And then, if I didn't want to, would he leave? Then it becomes more like "Drop everything and run away with me; if you don't I'm leaving you." Is that not an ultimatum? Or is it more about me not loving him enough to do it?

No comments:

Post a Comment