Thursday, March 24, 2005

I interviewed with Barclays Global Investors today. I had a behavioral phone interview yesterday and a technical phone interview today. When I had applied for the position, I was asked to fill out a questionnaire about where I would rank certain computer skills. The choices included "no experience," "beginner," "intermediate," and "advanced." Most of the skills, I had selected "beginner" or "intermediate." But under Java, I had selected "advanced." Today, during my technical interview, the hiring manager says to me, "I'm not trying to diss you, but what makes you think you're advanced in Java?" I felt so stupid. =[
Haha. It's rather amusing in retrospect. Plus, I got called in for an in-person, all-day event interview on-site in San Francisco. So cross your fingers for me. =P

1 comment:

  1. I read your posts about Cherlyn Katsuno and Andrea Goodman from March 2002, and I think that you are way out of line saying anything about them...You went to west, who are you?

    ReplyDelete