Tuesday, July 17, 2007

I admit it. I spent the entire day watching anime. I called in sick (but I am really sick!) and watched Bokura ga Ita all day. Yeah yeah. I'm a dork. Don't I know it?
Everything went as I suspected, although I am quite satisfied with the ending (of the anime). It was very open ended and really left me with a light of hope. I was bawling by the end. I am moved to tears so easily. It's been quite awhile since I last felt this sort of connection to anything, especially an anime. I truly believe that the portrayal of first love, innocence, and goodbyes are exemplified in this series. I could sympathize with their emotions because I was once there. I could once again go back to those days and remember what it felt like. After every episode, I was able to reflect back to a moment or a phrase that reminded me of my own past. It was really touching. They say that innocence lost can never be regained, but through this anime, I was really able to go back and relive those moments. That was the beauty of it all.

No comments:

Post a Comment