Monday, March 31, 2008

I was attacked by a crazy lady while crossing Market on Davis today.

So DJ and I were walking back to the office from a trip to the grocery store (yes, in the middle of the work day -- don't judge me) and I was telling him about thoughts of what I would do if I moved back down to LA.

"So if I moved back down and pursued the job that I actually want, I know that I'd have to start all over -- maybe as an intern or assistant. That pretty much means I won't be paid, so I would really have to consider moving into my parents' house. But just thinking about it makes my head want to explode!"

While I am talking, I notice a crazy looking (whatever that may look like, you can only imagine), rather large Asian lady crossing the street going in the opposite direction as us. Just as she passes by me, I am just completing my sentence: "...it makes my head want to explode!" She KICKS my leg and then proceeds to spat out, "Bitch!"

At first, I am just slightly stunned. What did I say to offend this woman? What did I do? Then I turn to DJ, "That woman just attacked me!" DJ responds, "What?? What just happened?" I can't believe he missed it! But then we just start laughing hysterically. I mean, it didn't really hurt, I was more surprised than anything else.

Of course, we are trying to logically reason this out. What did this woman have against me? DJ: "Well, if she was rather large, maybe she thought you were saying that SHE was going to explode. Or maybe she was just jealous because you're skinny." Hmm... or maybe she was just crazy! Whatever the case is, it certainly was an interesting... uhm... diversion? As long as this doesn't leave a bruise, I will continue to find it a rather amusing incident.

Oh, San Francisco. You are full of surprises.

No comments:

Post a Comment