Saturday, June 06, 2009

Le Love never fails to touch and inspire me. A few days ago, I came across this:

i'd like to fall asleep with you

While you are sleeping, you are in your most vulnerable state. To fall asleep with somebody is a sign of trust, a demonstration of intimacy, if you will. To be held, to feel secure, and to know that there is mutual trust, that is what makes it so beautiful to share a bed with somebody.

It is my belief, however, that there is something even more incredible than falling asleep in someone's arms -- it's waking up in someone's arms. It's the moment that you begin to push away the cobwebs of sleep, feel the breath of someone next to you on the back of your neck, the touch of the arms wrapped around you, and the amazing recognition that you have just spent an extraordinarily beautiful night with the person in bed with you. You smile and let out a small sigh of contentment. He wraps his arms around you tighter and pulls you in closer. This is the moment I live for. You are exactly where you are supposed to be no matter what is happening outside in the "real world." This singular moment defines perfection and happiness.

Months ago, I came across a blog that describes this extraordinary moment in detail, from a man's perspective. It's beautiful and poetic. It makes me believe that there are men in the world that cherish this as much as I do, are romantics at heart.

I can close my eyes and remember what it's like. It brings forth a wealth of emotions and tears to my eyes.

1 comment:

  1. http://17.media.tumblr.com/ECQo5EXNnjk3zrucY3nYlwBho1_r1_500.jpg

    ReplyDelete