Friday, July 17, 2009

"...some would accuse you of being too idealistic and a dreamer, but isn't it nice to still think of the grand possibilities, and not yet be jaded or cynical?"

I'm an optimist and a romantic.

I believe the best in people unless they prove me wrong. Even when they prove me wrong, I continue to give them chances to redeem themselves even if I am constantly disappointed. That's what it means to feel disappointment in someone; you had an expectation that they have failed to fulfill. When that same person continues to disappoint on further occasions, it's because you still have expectations. I think it is quite sad when you actually stop feeling disappointment because you are no longer hopeful.

I believe that everything happens for a reason even if it is unclear at the time. It is possible that life is truly comprised of random occurences and coincidences. If that were the case, what would you have to look forward to? Do you just depend on chance? You may or may not meet someone with whom you share a great love; it may be today, next week, or never. There are too many "what ifs" in a life composed of accidents.

I believe that following your heart will lead you to real happiness. While, of course, reasoning and logic are involved in the decision making process, pursuing dreams sometimes means you'll have to toss those things aside. Second guessing and doing what is "responsible" all the time puts you in a position of stability, true, but it also puts you in state of mediocrity. Is being content better than being happy? Do you settle or do you reach for the stars?

I live by these mantras but it hasn't always placed me in the most ideal of situations. In fact, there have been times when they have been counter-effective to fulfilling my goals. Even so, I still believe. I'd rather regret something I have done than something I have not.

Go ahead. Call me idealistic and a dreamer.
Be yourself. Live life with no regrets.

No comments:

Post a Comment