Thursday, July 24, 2003

First of all, HAPPY BIRTHDAY, ED!!
I'm still not sure if I was ready for that book. A lot of the anger is gone and now there's this ache. It's not outright pain, but it's not much better. I suppose it's getting a little better because I don't want to cry (not really) that it's over, but smile because it happened. For some reason, the memory of katsu oysters flittered into my mind and it made me want to laugh. I think that was one of my fondest memories; it was really those little things when we just spent time being together just for the sake of being together that stand out most in my mind and in my heart. There are some memories that make me smile and be glad that it happened, but then there are other memories that produce the ache I'm feeling... like I've lost something great. January 10, 2002. The day we watched the sun set over Hermosa Beach. It was one of those moments that a person wishes could last an eternity. Don't get me wrong; I'm glad that it happened, but it also leaves an imprint on my heart that doesn't feel too good right now.
I am grateful for everything we did share. Most of all, I'm grateful for feeling the unconditional love that I've only read about in books or seen in movies. I now know that I have the capacity to love somebody to the depths of my soul... and I'm glad. No one can take that away from me.

No comments:

Post a Comment