Thursday, February 06, 2003

I am so glad that I have friends that love me as much as they do. I just hope that I can be there for them in the same way that they've been here for me. It's hard to find one person in the world that will accept you for everything that you are/aren't, and somehow, I've ended up with six. I love you guys... you know who you are.
I talked to my sister tonight for a really long time. She said, "Whether it was four years or one year, breaking up is hard to do." Having broken up with her ex of four years was one of the hardest things she has ever had to deal with. I'm really glad that she has moved on since then. I didn't really think, though, that she'd really understand how I felt. She should know, though. It's just that I thought she would bring up the time difference issue (4 years vs. 1 year). It's really nice that she listened to what I had to say. In the past, she would've just told me to get over it. We've grown a lot closer and I think we understand each other better now.
"Your friends are a reflection of the type of person you are." Friends care about you. They are the ones that stay by your side when no one else will. They swallow their own pride and wish the best for you. When you find somebody you love, they are happy for you, even if it's someone they do not care for. Friends support your choices. Friends are those people who you know are always behind you in everything you do... you don't even have to look back to check.

No comments:

Post a Comment