Monday, February 10, 2003

I don't understand. How is it that someone can give up something so great due to stubborness? It just doesn't make any sense to me at all. If he misses me, if he's sad without me.... why? It just doesn't make any sense! I really don't get it. He says that it's because he's made his choice and that he wants to keep his friend (the one that gives ultimatums... you know... because THAT'S what friends do). How does that make ANY sense? How can it be that he's giving up something so great because of stubborness? People keep telling me that sometimes love just isn't enough. I disagreed with them, but maybe I'm wrong. Maybe stubborness can overrule love.
So anyway, I told him not to call me, IM me, talk to me, etc. It's just too hard. I know that I have to let go, but if he keeps doing this, I'll get the wrong impression and keep holding on to something that's not there anymore. I told him how difficult for me it is to be there with him but not REALLY be WITH him. It's so hard to sit next to him and not want to hold his hand, call him "Cutie," and tell him how much I love him. It's just too hard. Maybe I'm being selfish for witholding my friendship, but I really have to care of myself. This whole weekend, all I did was sit by the phone and wait for his call. It was like I had lost the will to do anything else.
Again, I feel that my self worth is down to nil. I need time to love myself again before I can love anybody else. I need time to pick up the pieces of my heart and mend it back together.

No comments:

Post a Comment